Diabetes is a medical condition that occurs when the body fails to utilize its resources properly and insulin levels turn abnormal. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes and it is not a contagious disorder but can definitely turn deadly if not treated on time.
People affected by diabetes suffer both physically and mentally. Some symptoms are however more apparent in specific areas of the body such as in the feet and teeth.
Let us discuss some tips for effective feet and dental care.
Many people suffering from diabetes often lose sensation in their feet, meaning that they would not be able to sense any injury in their feet; this might lead to serious issues such as amputation. Taking proper care of the feet will definitely reduce the chances of anything drastic from happening.
Here are some easy steps to protect the feet:
- Always check your feet thoroughly every day for any cuts, injuries, sore patches or dry spots. Use a mirror if needed.
- Always keep your feet clean.
- Keep the area around your feet well moisturized.
- Never stay barefoot, always protect your feet with slippers or shoes.
- Ensure that you wear footwear that fits well.
- Always examine your footwear for any foreign or harmful objects before sliding your feet in.
- Wear clean socks always.
- Stay away from hot pads, heated water, and etc. use your elbow to check the water temperature before washing your feet.
- Never use dressing tape directly onto the skin of your feet, use a self-adherent bandage instead.
Tips for effective dental care
- Always keep a check on your blood sugar levels and keep them in control.
- Visit your dentist often, at least once in every 6 months.
- Notify your dentist regarding you being diabetic.
- Always brush your teeth at least 2 times a day.
- Make use of dental floss to get rid of food and residue that get stuck in between the teeth.
- If you have dentures on, remove and clean your dentures and wash your mouth thoroughly at least once a day.
- Stop smoking.
- Visit your dentist if you have bleeding gums, sore patches, or painful ulcers in the mouth.
What are the causes of diabetes?
Causes of type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes occurs when the body’s immune system starts destroying the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. This is known as an autoimmune reaction.
There is no specific reason behind the development of diabetes but these triggers might be to blame –
- Any bacterial or viral infection
- Harmful toxic compounds in food
- Unknown reasons behind the autoimmune attack
Causes of type 2 diabetes
The chances of a person being affected by type 2 diabetes also depend on his or her family’s history with it.
Some other factors that increase the chances of Type 2 diabetes include –
- Being overweight / obesity
- Lack of physical activity
- Bad eating habits
Homeopathic treatment for diabetes
Dr Batra’s clinic offers a safe and effective cure for diabetes. The treatment plan includes homeopathic medicines for diabetes and other therapy. The treatment, in homeopathy, is based on the diabetes causes and the best ways of dealing with the underlying problems.
Benefits of Homeopathy:
- No side effects
- Every case is studied individually to curate the best possible medical action
- Getting rid of the underlying disease that might have triggered diabetes
- Strengthens the immune system so it would revert to functioning normally
Diabetes is a rapidly growing problem that has affected innumerable people and homeopathy serves as a holistic approach to deal with the problem and provide a comprehensive solution to it. The skilled and qualified team at Dr Batra’s is proficient enough to deal with the problem and solve it comprehensively.