There have been huge improvements in dental care but even then there are people suffering from tooth decay and tooth loss. The only treatment options that were available are bridges and dentures. But in today’s modern time, you will find dental implants.
What are dental implants?
The Dental Implants are basically the replacement of the tooth roots. This helps to provide a very strong foundation for both fixed as well as removable teeth. The new teeth very well matches with the natural and original teeth.
Advantages of dental implants are as follows:
- Improved appearance – The person who goes through this process will see that their teeth will look like their own teeth. This is because they are designed to fuse along with bone so that they become permanent.
- Improved speech – if you have denture that are not well fitted, then the teeth might slip within the mouth. This may cause you to mumble or slur your words. The implantation of teeth will help you to speak without any worries.
- Improved comfort – The Dental Implants will ultimately eliminate the discomfort of the removable dentures. The reason is that they slowly become a part of you.
- Easier eating – The person who has sliding denture will find a huge discomfort to chew properly. The dental implants will allow you to eat your favourite food and that too with confidence. You will also not experience any pain while chewing the food.
- Improved self –esteem – This is crucial for any person and it is the implants that will help you smile freely and make you feel much better.
The implants do not require reducing your teeth. It basically does not alter the natural teeth; instead it acts like a support to the implant. You own teeth are left intact and this is what improves the oral health for long term. It is the best way to improve your oral health.