You spend all winter hiding away in layers, so when summer comes it can be a major relief to finally feel the sunshine on your skin. If you want your skin to be ready for the big reveal, you may need to do a little preparation. Many of us end the winter months with a dry, pasty complexion and endless layers of body hair. Get your body ready to face the beach and soak up some sun with these easy beauty tips.
- Say goodbye to cellulite. It’s easy to ignore that aggravating cellulite on your upper thighs when your legs are safely tucked away in jeans all winter, but when the bikini comes on you may suddenly be struck by its obvious appearance. Even very thin women can struggle with cellulite, and it’s notoriously tough to treat with creams or cleverly marketed lotions. If you really want to free your legs of cellulite for summer, you’ll need to look into specialist cellulite treatment melbourne. They can offer a lasting solution with real results.
- Clear up your skin. The skin on your back and chest has been trapped under layers of clothes for a while now, so it’s no surprise that bacteria can build up and patches of acne can easily make an appearance. Clear up stubborn spots by using an acne-targeting body wash with added benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid – they’ll tackle the pimples and make sure your skin is clear and smooth for summer.
- Rejuvenate dry skin. Chilly weather and wind can quickly dry out your skin in the summer, and it won’t get any better throughout the sunny season if you don’t deal with it now. Sun will dry your skin out even more and leave it prone to premature aging and an unpleasant scaly look. Use a deep-cleaning exfoliating scrub all over your body to clear away dead skin. If you’re into natural beauty solutions, try making your own exfoliator by combining sugar with coconut oil for a quick and easy nourishing home treatment. Remember to slather your body in moisturising lotion after exfoliating so your fresh skin will glow.
- Get sandal-ready feet. It’s natural to neglect your feet in the winter; after all, nobody really sees them. If you want to feel confident strutting in your new summer sandals then a pedicure may be just what the doctor ordered. They’ll scrub away the dead skin from the soles of your feet and get your toenails looking beautiful again. If a professional pedicure is a little out of your budget, you can always cover your feet in a rich moisturising cream and then cover them with socks for the night. Wash off in the morning for soft smooth skin and then paint your toenails at home to add a splash of colour.
- De-fuzz your body. Summer is officially razor season, but you may want to consider an alternative hair removal solution if your skin is easily irritated by shaving. Bikini line hair removal is best achieved by waxing for long-lasting, smooth results. Hair removal cream can work well for legs if your skin responds well to the product, but laser hair removal is best for permanent results that will leave you smooth for the rest of your life.