Plant-based proteins are very beneficial for health and general well being. Hemp flour derived from natural hemp seed is a very rich source of plant-based complete protein. Hemp flour has an exceedingly high protein content of 75%. Hemp high protein flour has low carbohydrate content and is perfect for making pastries, muffins, cakes, brownies, etc. Using hemp flour in recipes produce a high protein and low carbohydrate diet without compromising the flavor. This is because hemp flour is tasteless and odorless.
What is hemp?
Hemp is a variety of Cannabis sativa plant species which is grown for food and fiber. It is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet. Hemp flour is made by removing oil from the hemp seeds and grounding them. Oil makes up about 30% of the seeds.
Some facts about hemp flour
- Hemp high protein flour has the highest protein content of all kinds of available flour. Apart from very high protein content, it is free of carbohydrates.
- Hemp flour protein has all the essential amino acids required by the body. This makes it a source of complete protein.
- Hemp flour is a good source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Omega 3 is good for the cardiovascular system while omega 6 enhances brain function and regulates metabolism.
- Hemp flour is available in 100% natural form with no additives.
- Hemp flour is highly suitable for vegetarians because the high protein content makes up for the proteins that are present in non-vegetarian food items.
- Hemp flour does not rise and is free of gluten, thus it cannot be used alone in making bread and must be mixed with some other flour such as wheat, soy, barley, etc. Hemp flour is considered to be an excellent addition to baking.
- Hemp flour is also rich in many minerals such as calcium, manganese, zinc, and magnesium.
- Hemp flour is a rich source of Vitamin E which is an anti-oxidant and prevents cancer.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and also helps in improving circulation.
- High protein content gives a feeling of fullness for longer periods of time. This is beneficial for people wanting to lose weight. High protein content also helps in slowing the process of digestion which prevents the sudden increase in blood sugar levels. This is good for diabetics.
- Consuming hemp flour lowers blood pressure and helps in reducing blood cholesterol.